Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time with my little love bugs


Last night I spent the evening with my 2 bestest girls-Gwyneth and Gretchen of course. I decided at the last minute to take them to the Circus in Aberdeen-- while the show was to any adult in the audience mildly entertaining and definitely cheesy, to my girls it was exciting and entertaining. Watching their reaction was so unbelievably telling of each of their distinctive and drastically different personalities. Gwyn sat still in her seat completely overtaken by the mystical excitement of it all-- watching intently to make sure not to miss a single detail of the events, while Gretchen Renee' couldn't stay in her seat for even one fraction of a mila-second if her life depended on it.Gretchen was so focused on the girls doing their aerial act and trying to copy their moves by holding on to the stair railing and hanging upside down certain if she tried hard enough she could do it just like them. The only time spent sitting for Gretchen was the short time it took her to consume an obnoxiously large bag of cotton candy and an entire purple slushy in a flashing light-up cup. During intermission Gwyn had her heart set on riding a beautiful black pony while Gretchen went straight for the elephant rides of course. My 2 most precious little gifts in the world are also completely and wonderfully different- Gretchen -blue eyed, blond haired, and ready to jump into adventure at a moments notice and Gwyneth-brown eyed, brown hair and always making sure to weigh the situation before getting in over her head. I thank God everyday for giving me them and the lessons they teach me every.single.day.of.my.life.




No comments:

Post a Comment